QCustomPlot Discussion and Comments

[Help] I get this error message when I'm trying to follow the QCustomPlot tutorialReturn to overview

D:\Code\build-TestPlot-Desktop_Qt_6_3_0_MinGW_64_bit-Debug\debug\moc_qcustomplot.cpp:249: error: template argument 1 is invalid
debug\moc_qcustomplot.cpp:249:54: error: template argument 1 is invalid
  249 | , QtPrivate::TypeAndForceComplete<QCP, std::true_type>
      |                                                      ^

D:\Code\build-TestPlot-Desktop_Qt_6_3_0_MinGW_64_bit-Debug\debug\moc_qcustomplot.cpp:248: error: template argument 2 is invalid
debug\moc_qcustomplot.cpp:248:1: error: template argument 2 is invalid
  248 | qt_incomplete_metaTypeArray<qt_meta_stringdata_QCP_t
      | ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
  249 | , QtPrivate::TypeAndForceComplete<QCP, std::true_type>
      | ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
  250 |
      |
  251 |
      |
  252 |
      |
  253 | >,
      | ~

[Makefile.Debug:1648: debug/moc_qcustomplot.o] Error 1

QCustomPlot 2.10 is older than Qt 6.x. You'll find some threads here with patches for use with Qt 6.2. Whether these are sufficient for Qt 6.3 I can't say.

Personally, I'm still using Qt 5, although there are some problems with not upgrading. If you aren't a paying customer, post 5.15.2 patches are now delayed and only released in source form so you have to build Qt yourself. This is a painful, poorly documented task.

Thank you Bob Babcock for your answer. So using Qt 5.15.2 is the best option if I want to use QCustomPlot with no problem.

Learning how to use QCustomPlot and debugging compatibility with Qt 6 at the same time doesn't sound like fun. (Only the first half is fun...) I hope we get a new QCustomPlot release soon, but I'm just a user with no inside information.

I am using Qt 5.15 as u suggested, and it works just fine..